Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tribute


I wanted to take some time today and write down a few of my feelings. We lost Nathan's mom this weekend. Its been rough. She was a wonderful lady and will be missed dearly by all of us and many more. I feel blessed to of known her, to of been able to call her Mom and be part of her family. I know I am even more blessed to of been lucky enough to of married one of her sons that she raised so righteously. I will miss her more than I know. She was a wonderful Grandma and my kids adored her. She was a hopeful, strong person. She battled cancer 12 years with all her might. She was very close to our Heavenly Father and loved the gospel. She was always willing to help Nathan and I with whatever we had happening in our lives. She loved to garden and taught me a great many things. I am thankful for the time I got to spend with her and will treasure the memories I have of her. I am so glad to know that she is at peace and with our Heavenly Father. I hold to the fact that I know that we will see her again and that we can be with her and our other loved ones we have lost. May I be able to emulate some of the wonderful qualities that Nathan's mother was so that I can live a life as beautiful as hers was. Love you and miss you Mom.



Click here if you would like to read the obituary

9 comments:

Darling Details said...

I can't imagine what you're going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. {{{{HUGS}}}}

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Oh I'm so sorry Britt. Let me know if you need anything.

kell-bell said...

So sorry Britt, give Nathan and your kids a big hug from me and Jim. We wish we lived closer so we could do more for you guys!

Jess said...

Brit, that was a beautiful tribute for a beautiful lady!
Please know that we are thinking of your family.
It is at times like this that makes a person so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel. It will be a wonderful day when you are again reunited. I wish the earthly years didn't seem like such a long time until that is possible.

Love you!

Emily Dixon said...

I hope you guys are still hanging in there...good luck with evertinng tomorrow and Friday, and seriously dont hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING (even just a treat!)

Amy said...

You have such a wonderful family. What a wonderful mother! I never met her, but you can tell what a spiritual giant she is! What a sweet, sweet lady!

We love you so much, and we are thinking of you!

Kendra said...

My heart aches for you and nathan. I can't imagine the loss you are feeling. please know that we love you guys and we're thinking of you.

Debbie said...

I know this is a little late, but I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. She sounds like she was an amazing woman!

Camille said...

This breaks my heart. I'm just so sorry. I was so excited to hear from you today via my blog and I came on here and this was the first thing I saw. I just want to sit here and cry. I loved Nate's mom. She was always so kind to me. I often visited with her when he was on his mission and just loved her for her talents and kind nature. I wish I had known and I would have come home for the funeral. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you both and especially your dad. Oh I'm just so sorry.