Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Temple Square


Monday night we went and got to go see the lights at Temple Square. We had a great time with Nathan's family and the kids loved seeing some of their cousins. It was beautiful as always. It seems to me that they don't light as many trees as they use to. Maybe its just because I was a kid then and all the trees were so big. Who knows I am just glad we had such a great night and got to enjoy it as a family.
I am just glad that I live near temple square and can enjoy it every year, its such a wonderful tradition to see the lights. To see the nativities, I think it always helps me focus on the beautiful truth and light of Christmas. I get so sick of all the money and merchandise that goes into Christmas. Its nice to go somewhere and just focus on the Savior and the true reason for Christmas. Its great way to help teach the kids that as well. Nathan got some great pictures. Enjoy!


5 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Those are cool pictures!! Did you take those?!?!?!?
♥Haleigh♥

Emily Dixon said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the pictures!!

Jess said...

Those pictures are beautiful. You have such a cute family! Glad that you enjoyed the lights. I agree that it doesn't seem like there are as many lights anymore.

Dwight and Heidi said...

The pictures turned out great! It was a fun night. I enjoyed walking around with you and your cute family.

Heidi

Kendra said...

The lights are always such a great family treat this time of year! great shots of the temple. I've gotta get down there and take some myself! we need to hang out, let me know when you'll be around! :)