Friday, November 7, 2008

Nests and such

I have a thing with nests, I just love them. They amaze me and I find they so intriguing and beautiful. They are a favorite thing of nature for me. It all kind of started when we were first married and we would go cut down a Christmas tree every year. One year we got our tree home and it had a nest in it. I loved it, I went and got wood eggs and put them in it. When Christmas was over I carefully pulled it from the tree to save it. All the hard work that the bird had done to make it. I honestly felt bad that we had cut down the tree with the nest in it. Anyway I saved the nest and loved it and all the fibers that were in it, I remember the mud and twigs and even the deer hair, it was amazing. Unfortunately the kids came along and it got touched to much and I had to throw it away. So then I just started looking for decorating nest so I have been collecting them, but still hope to find some real ones one day.


So the other day Elise was playing with one of her many stuffed toys and since it was a robin she decided it needed to sit on one of mom's display nests. She told me, Mom sometimes robins lay eggs so my bird needs to sit on this nest. I had to get a picture. She cracks me up.

The other day I was sewing and Elise took my extra fabric and decided to play with. She told me she was making glasses, and wanted my help. I didn't know how we were going to do it with fabric but I did make her a pair out of some pipe cleaners. Well then what do you know her lamb needed glasses, and so did Brycen, and all her friends and cousins. So Elise, and Brycen had to wear their glasses for the rest of the day, and yes that included to the store. Yep I got some fun looks, but what could I do, eye wear is so fashionable, so enjoy Elise with her lamb.

5 comments:

Kendra said...

the glasses are a total fashion statement! so creative elise, you look great! (and your lamb does too)

Amy said...

Why am I not surprised! Only a child of Brittney Miller would want to make sunglasses out of fabric! I am sure if you hadn't had the pipe cleaner idea, she could have done it!

Mike said...

Your music ROCKS, especially compared to everyone elses. I didn't know you had it in you. P.S. ugly gate :)

Karly and Nick said...

Brittney-I was looking at Forrest and Jennies blog and found yours! I hope you don't mind I looked around...they are so fun! I love the glasses! I started a blog not too long ago, if you want to look at it its http://karlyandnicksfam.blogspot.com/

Miller said...

I love it.

Great post, Britt.