Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thankful

I also wanted to blog today of some of the wonderful blessings I have lately had in my life. Two weeks ago Nathan was in Houston right as Hurricane Ike was about to blow in. I was so glad that he was able to make it home Thursday a day before the storm hit and that he was safe. I had been nervous about it all week. I also am so glad that Elise is enjoying Preschool, I had a hard moment when she went the first day knowing how grown up she is getting. Its nice knowing how much she loves it, like we thought she would, so that I can enjoy it with her. It is also been a year since Nathan and I got the wonderful opportunity to go to Italy. It was a wonderful adventure that we will always have fond memories of. It was so nice to see a new part of the world, and fulfill a dream that we had together. It was so satisfying to me to be able to experience that with someone that I love as much as Nathan. We are both just so thankful that we were able to do something like that. Thankful for Nathan's parents for taking on the kids and, the time that they got to spend with Grandma and Grandpa. They still talk about the things they did when Mom and Dad went on the airplane. I am thankful for many more things but these ones have been on my mind the most.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

cute pic of elise going to school. she's so grown up! i cried too on morgan's 1st day of school. it's hard. let get the kids together next week. what days work for you. morgan's on track so she gets out at 11:30. let me know!

Amy said...

I can't believe it has already been a year since you went to Italy. Time flies! Love reading about what you guys are up to!

Melissa said...

Yes! I finally have family that I can blog with. I am so excited that I found you. Is it ok if I link you up to mine? PRESCHOOL... Just wait....kindergarten is even harder. I am glad you didn't get stuck down in the storm too. Nothing is as scary as the thought of not being there or seperated from the kids. Little moments like those remind us how blessed and Thankful we are. Cute blog! Maybe we can keep intouch this way a little easier....life get too crazy and busy (atleast for me!) Now... you are my first sibling to be a blogger....CONGRATS! I can't tell you how excited I am. Spence is working on one too! Happy blogging :)