Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Me & Kelly in Hotdog-o


First of all I have the BEST husband. For my birthday this year he completely surprised me by sending me to Chicago to visit my cousin Kelly. He took time off work to take care of the kids the whole Labor Day weekend. I left Thursday and didn't come home till the following Monday. Kelly and I had a blast, acting like we were 12 again staying up late all night talking and laughing. Kelly bought us tickets to Wicked for my Birthday as well. Friday we went to downtown Chicago and went to the art museum and to Millennium Park, ate the best Italian food, made a mess at Trader Joe's, and got to see Wicked that night. Wicked was amazing, and I loved it, and laughed through the whole show. Saturday we shopped till we dropped at Forever 21, and had Chicago deep dish pizza which was delicious. Sunday I got to go to church with Kelly and see her in action as one of the Primary Presidency. Then home for naps and craft projects, and making dinner together. Kelly also gave me a Twinkie cookbook, from the memories of my and Nathan's wedding reception food. Kelly and I made Twinkie lasagna for dessert that night. Monday we shopped more and I had to have deep dish pizza again. It was an amazing trip and a great opportunity to spend time with Kelly. Nathan did great with the kids, like I knew he would. I had a fun, relaxing time with Kelly and her cute dog Boggie, but was glad to come home and see my cute family. I asked Elise if she knew where I had been and she told me I went on a plane to Hotdog-o to see Kelly, and she wanted to know when she got to go. Now I just don't know how I will ever top that next year for Nathan's birthday!

9 comments:

Amy said...

How Fun!!! What a cute husband! It is so nice to get away once in awhile:)

Jessica Adams said...

that pizza looks delish. i want some.
and we need to discuss Wicked.
heck, we need to discuss your entire trip. sounds like it rocked!

Forrest and Jennie said...

Britt-
Looks like your trip was awesome! I agree - we need to hang out next week.

Jess said...

What a great husband indeed. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time and much needed break I am sure.

That pizza sounds so yummy! Welcome home.

Leavitt's said...

I am so jealous. Wish I had a get away soon.

Kendra said...

Wow! that's awesome he did that for you. Make him talk to dave and hook me up too!haha

Emily Dixon said...

Hotdog-o..Elise is too funny!! Since talking to you Im trying to figure out a way I can go see Wicked when it somes to SLC. I think I may have an inside person that can help me with that..cant wait!!

kell-bell said...

Can Nathan just send you out every weekend. I had so much fun!

JBA said...

My sister Jami and her husband saw the show in Chicago in August and LOVED IT. I had to get her the soundtrack her her b-day etc... How fun. We are hoping to score some tickets when it comes in April. Fingers are crossed!