Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hawaii in November

Well its quite obvious that blogging wasn't on my New Years resolution list, or maybe it was and I am already SLACKING!  None the less I have a million photos to start putting on here.  So I will just start with where I left off.  After Halloween we got to spend a magical week in Hawaii.  It was truly our first vacation to Hawaii I know are all thinking no way you were there in February and your are all right but this was the first time we have ever been there that Nathan didn't have to work and it was MARVELOUS! I want to go back right now just thinking of it.  We had been saying for the last 7 months prior to October that if we knew Nathan made it through the layoffs from work we would go on a vacation so we did.  We were able to trade one of our Marriott weeks and head to Ko' Olina on Oahu.  It was heaven.  Here are some of the photos.  We snorkeled and ate lots of shave ice.  It was a dream, but what else can it be in Hawaii.

 We went to Turtle Bay and Hanauma Bay.  The first day at Turtle Bay I got to see my first turtle snorkeling.  I was not wanting to go out because it had been over cast and all and I knew were were close to heading back to the condo so I figured it was now or never.  So I went out and was out in the water about waist deep and figured I might as well get the worst of it over and get wet so I wasn't cold any more so I went in up to my neck then stood up put my mask on and laid down to see what I could see and sure enough right in front of me watching me was a big old sea turtle I couldn't believe it.  It was so neat I wish I would of had the camera but it had just barely broke that afternoon.  Anyway I was so worried I was to close cause it was super close so I tried backing away and couldn't so I just sat there a moment and watched him that hopped up in a panic and started yelling to Nathan I just saw a turtle.  No one was there on the beach so I wasn't to worried about being embarrassed, but I was pretty excited.  It was on my check list of things I wanted to see. I felt complete. I have snorkeled quite a few times so I was excited to see my first turtle, next time I hope to not be so surprised, I think it was just that I went down and there he was just staring at me.  Elise and Nathan also saw an eel.  I will pass on that one though Elise thought was a snake.  Ahh! 


These pictures were all at a place called the Valley of the Temples.  Nathan and I had decided since were were going back to Oahu we wanted to try some new places that we hadn't been to and this was one of them we enjoyed seeing and visiting this Japanese Temple and learning about it, it was built with out the use of a single nail and had a huge Buddha statue inside.  It was a beautiful place to visit, Kayla loved feeding all the little doves. 
On the way back to the condo we decided to go on this nice little hike to see a lighthouse.  Well it was a beautiful hike but we were so not prepared we didn't have any water with us at all.  Not to mention Nathan and I aren't in that great of shape, but none the less we enjoyed the beautiful views, Brycen and Elise were troopers, Kayla scream and cried most the way but we did it.  The weather was clear so we could even see Maui from the top. It was so worth it, but next time I will have water and not just Dum-Dum suckers.
At Ko 'Olina Kayla in her swimsuit and the beautiful landscaping
Eating as much Shave Ice as we could

We had such a great time and can't wait to go again.

7 comments:

Jess said...

um, JEALOUS!! I love that you guys got to go on that vacation. It really is different when the husbands don't have to work. I love all of your pictures. Your family is so beautiful.

We need to hang out again soon.
xoxox

Kendra said...

What a beautiful trip! i love all the pictures and your cute family is getting so grown up. so happy you guys had a great time!

Wight's said...

It is so fun to see you go to all the places that we went!! I should have told you not to go to Haunama Bay because we found a much better place called Sharks cove-better fish and water and best of all FREE. I am so happy that you were able to make it thru layoffs and enjoy a much deserved vacation!! Miss you guys terribly-we need to get together!!

kell-bell said...

Such an amazing trip Britt!! I love, love the photo of the three kiddos sitting on the bench at the Japanese temple such a cute little moment, I miss those guys, give them all a squeeze for me!

Kellye said...

Hey Britt...I loved catching up with your family...so many cute pictures...so many fun things! I'm glad you are doing well. Even though I live in sunny Florida, I still want to go to Hawaii....so BAD! You guys are such a cute family!

Darling Details said...

Love it! I think you should go again...really soon. Next month soon. :) You've earned it.

Karly and Nick said...

Oh man...I want to go next time! Your kids look so adorable! Hope you are doing well!