Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Young Womens in Excellence

 The front table with purses all the value colors!


Okay so I am FINALLY going to blog my little heart out and get caught up on this thing like I really want to.  Sorry if there are a million new posts I just gotta get it done.
Before we left for Hawaii in November we had our wards Young Women's in Excellence.  I spent hours planning and putting this together so I wanted to put in on here so I have it down for if I ever have to do it again or if anyone needs an idea.

 The theme that evening was the "Purse"suit of Excellence and our "Purse"onal Progress.  I spoke and the girls all sang, 'As Sisters in Zion', they also got to tell us about one of their Personal Progress values that they worked on through out the year. They all did such a great job and put forth some great effort.  I loved seeing their hard work.  Our fantastic Young Women's president Angie got to give out some ribbons for values that have been completed trying to get the girls wanting to work even harder.  All in all it was a great night. 

For my talk I want to highlight some of what I said for memories sake.  I brought my purse and talked to the girls how having a purse to me a their age seemed silly and for older ladies but then I soon realized how important a purse can be and how valuable it can be by filling it up with the right things.  I all to often let me purse get filled with receipts and wrappers and garbage and it makes it harder for me to find the things I need.  So I talked about keeping our purses filled with the knowledge and good things we get from our personal progress.  I had a reminder for every value in my purse.  For faith I had a white tissue that shows purity and cleanliness and how I want to be that way so that I can return to heaven to live with our Heavenly Father and loved ones that have already gone on before us. How an old white tissue in a purse reminds me of my sweet Grandma Carlene and how much I miss her and rejoice in the fact of knowing I can see her again if I am pure and clean like the white tissue.  For Divine Nature I think of my blue chap stick and how I am a Woman divinely created from our Heavenly Father divine purposes.  How I can be a mother and a wife and how I want to do so righteously.  For Individual Worth I have my Red compact mirror that I can look in and see my reflection and know that I have worth and that my Heavenly Father loves me.  For Knowledge I have a small green notebook that helps me remember things of importance and inspiration that I am given from Heavenly Father.  For Choice and Accountability I have my orange credit card that helps me remember that just like the purchases I make I am accountable for them just like I am accountable for each and everyone of my actions.  For Good Works I had my yellow hand sanitizer that helps me to remember to use my hands for Good Works like Heavenly Father would want me to.  For Integrity I had a pack of purple gum to remember to have integrity with all that I say and 'chews' to do.  For Virtue I have my Temple Recommend with the golden design on it to remember to be a Virtuous Daughter of God.  I made the girls a gold fabric temple recommend holder for when they go do baptisms for the dead.  Each girl received a paper purse with all the same items in it for them to have as a keepsake. It was a great night and so appreciated the help of the whole Young Women's presidency and how great it all went.
Cupcake refreshments
The refreshment table with cupcakes and purse shaped rice crispy treats
 I will have to take a picture of all of the items and the purse handouts.  I feel like I didn't get the best pictures of this night which makes me sad.  I don't even have one of all our cute young woman and their projects.

No comments: