Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Time




Well Christmas time is here. I thought that I'd take a minute and put up some photos of our Christmas tree, and decorations. I love to see how people decorate for Christmas because its such a special time of year. We have a fishing tree. I love it and as I thought last night about how Christmas decorations can remind us of the Savior, I thought of how Jesus feed the 5 thousand, and how he asked us to be fisher of men. I am thankful for the love I have of and from Christ. Also this holiday season Elise told me that she wanted to make a bed for baby Jesus. Well since it is my month for Sharing Time, I did it. Nathan is out of town and so I spent an hour or so making a bed for baby Jesus. It was really fun. I enjoyed designing it and figuring out how to best make it. I just wish I had some old weathered wood. Anyway enjoy it, Elise is and I am sure it will work nice for Sharing Time as well. Merry Christmas everyone.

8 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

LOVE it all!!! The tree is so fun and I really love your thoughts on what the Savior taught us of fishing. The manger bed is GREAT! You are just so good.
Love, Steph

Jess said...

I do love your tree!
It was fun to see you last night! You amaze me. I can't believe you just made a manger for baby Jesus. Seriously girl- that is so awesome.

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

LOVE IT!!!

♥Haleigh

Jordan said...

Brittney! You just crack me up! I love the manger! You are so talented and I just love that you are "Ok Elise! Let's make a manger!" I wanted to say thanks so much for the gift you got us. I love that it is so personalized! You are so awesome with your vinyl. You need to teach me oh Obi Wan! This post says it's from Jordan, but it's not! See you Sunday!

Kendra said...

I love this post Brit! elise is so lucky to have such a creative mom. :) hope you guys had a great christmas! seriously we need to hang out soon. :)

Karly and Nick said...

I love your tree so much! I was thinking that when I picked up the kids last week (thank you again for watching them for me). I also loved the sharing time you did on the Christmas decorations. I had never thought about things like the lights, and the fish...thanks!

Forrest and Jennie said...

Britt-
Love the tree - you never cease to amaze me. I wish your talent would rub off on me a bit. How was your Christmas?? Sure do miss you. Jennie

Mike said...

Britt, nice tree...

Oh yeah and your music ROCKS.