Monday, August 4, 2008

Camping




Before the 24th of July, we were able to take a break and head out camping. We went up to our favorite campsite in Logan at Spring Hollow. The kids of course loved the tent and just always wanted to be in there. We were up there for three days and two nights. We have some how lost the cap to one of our air mattresses, so when we got up there we had no way to use our air mattress. Nathan and I were truly ruffing it on that one, our backs were so sore by the time we made it home. We got to take the kids fishing, and went on a hike. We also drove up to Bear Lake and the kids and Nathan went swimming, I was way to cold and sat on the beach with all the towels on me. Good thing Nathan is a fun dad, because I wimped out. We also had some Europeans on the beach by us, and I think they translated the whole Bear Lake thing wrong- but that's a whole other story! Then we went to get the always fabulous Bear Lake raspberry shakes, I think that was my favorite part. Nathan got a Banana Cream Pie shake that was tasty and the Onion Rings were delicious. After Bear Lake we went down to Logan for the afternoon and drove around to see how much it has changed. We drove by my old apartment were Nathan and I met and it was fun to show the kids. Then we went back to the tent for s'mores and hot dogs. The next morning we were planning to get up and get going so we had all the bags packed for the most part. At about 7 am we woke up to the sound of thunder and so Nathan and I jumped up started rolling sleeping bags and got the kids in the car while we took the tent and the rest of the stuff down in about 15 minutes. Right as we were folding up the tent it really started to pour. Nathan and I jumped in the car soaked and headed for home. When we got to Logan I looked over at Nathan's white shirt and where the rain drops had hit his shirt it started to turn yellow. My gray sweat pants were the same, and so was our pillow case that had got rain on it as well. It was the weirdest thing. All and all a great camping trip and fun time with our little family.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like fun. We were just in Bear Lake, love it!! Onion rings? My favorite! Can't believe how big your kids are getting. Where does the time go?