Tuesday, July 8, 2008

In the garden


So I have decided I need to be a bit more like my children. We always have yard work to be done at our house, it never ends and it wears me out endlessly to think about it. So the other night while wonderful Nathan was mowing the lawn, like he always does, I decided to do some weeding I went to get my trusty shovel and weed bucket, and Brycen and Elise stopped riding their bikes and came running up to me, "Mom can we play the shovel game too." I just laughed and thought I wish weeding were a game. So I think I need to make life a bit more fun and game like. Elise and Brycen love, love to be outside in the yard with us. Elise loves snails, I can tolerate them for her, but I know she gets it straight from her dad. Nathe as a child would catch grasshoppers for hours and put them in his pocket or on the belly of his baby sister Amy. So its no suprise to me when Elise thinks its a present when I have found her a snail while weeding and has to carry them around in her snail house, and Brycen enjoys it just as much for his sister. She even tries to bring them in the house. I found leaves in the fridge a few nights ago and she insisted that they were in there for her pet snails. We also this weekend went to the Pinea garden sale and got a bunch of plants. Elise and I made a fairy garden complete with house and table and chairs. I guess I should think of all these times while I am out weeding and just enjoy it and my family outdoors.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Kids have such a different perspective, don't they? I love the pictures!

Amy said...

I think you are the only person that can make a "fairy garden" look like art! What else should I have expected! Love the blog!