Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kindergarten

First Day of School, First Day of School!

All I could think that morning was that line from Finding Nemo, Elise as a toddler loved that movie and we watched it a million times. I finally understood what Marlin felt, and wondered how in the world we weren't still at the stage of watching Finding Nemo a million times. Where has the time gone?

Thursday was Elise's first day of kindergarten. She loved it all. Nathan took the day off and was there to help me drop her off. Which was helpful since yes I did cry. She was excited all morning long and couldn't wait to go. Her teacher is Ms. Lambson and we think it will be a great year for her. She has enjoyed all of it so far. I love to hear and find out all that she does and learns already. I get to drive her and two other kids from our neighborhood and its so fun to hear them laugh, giggle, and interact in the car with me and with each other on the way there. Here are some photos of her in her cute little uniforms.


I just can't believe my little girl is so grown up and going to school. It was a hard moment for me and I don't look forward to doing it next year with Brycen, cause I am sure it will be just as hard.

8 comments:

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

So cute!!! She's getting so big!

♥HaleighBug♥

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Oh yay! She looks adorable. What school is she going to? Are you so ready to have that baby? Getting close!

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

Little Ise ... so grown up! I am glad it went well for you all.
-Steph

Jess said...

She is so dang cute! I love her uniform. I am sure she is loving every minute. Don't worry I cry too (and will tomorrow). It doesn't get any easier, I don't think at least.

Karly and Nick said...

You about have me crying now just thinking about Lukas starting on Wednesday! Tomorrow is the kindergarden info night and I will probably cry at that too. I have been crying for weeks now. It's such a hard stage...and Lukas goes ALL day! Elise looks so cute and i am glad to hear it's going well! Gives me hope! :0)

Cody and Haylee said...

It is surprisingly hard to say goodbye to them, even though it may only be for 3 hours! She looks so cute in her school uniform! You'll need to give me lessons on how to do little girl's hair, I'm clueless :)

Kendra said...

yay! I totally understand those feelings. It's exciting but it's sad too. She looks so great in her school clothes and I'm so happy to hear that she's loving it! How are you? I can't wait to hear news about your babe!

Becky Low said...

Glad to see I'm not the only cry baby! :) You're so sweet Britt! I love that you put Marlin on there...I totally identify with his "nemo neurosis"...we DO need to go to lunch! I would love it! ;)