Monday, July 13, 2009

Still Blogging


JUNE
June wasn't as crazy as May but still eventful, and went by way to quick. Nathan went to Canada for 2 WEEKS for work which was tough. I kept busy trying to fill up the shed and clean out anything I could. I went through closets and decorations. I just wish I were actually done. I still feel like I have a ton to do, as we get closer to September. We had planned to make it back to Nauvoo in June the day after Nathan was to return from Canada, but it didn't work out. I was so burnt out from having him gone and then Nathan's dad came down with Pneumonia and the kids didn't feel well. Fearing the worst that we would get out there and get sicker, we postponed it till next year. So something to look forward too. We instead went to Park City for the week. We rented a condo and had a fun time vacationing in UTAH. We really enjoyed our selves and it was so much more low key than hauling ourselves to Nauvoo. We had wanted to see the Marriott location in Park City so this was the perfect opportunity and I recommend it to anyone, we were far enough gone but close enough to know if we needed to come home we could. We could see the Alpine slide out our bedroom window. Nathan took the kids on the slide and the coaster which they both loved. Brycen was in heaven that there was miniature golf there as well. I was happy for the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and the carmel apple I enjoyed. We also got some fishing in at Deer Creek and at Strawberry. Nathan's Dad Steve came up one day to go fishing with us. The kids caught as many fish as they could. It was such beautiful scenery we really enjoyed ourselves. The fish were a junk fish but the kids didn't know it and they just had fun reeling them in. The best was they were biting all the time, so the kids weren't too bored waiting around. Nathan even caught some craw fish.





I love being up in Heber and that area, it always reminds me of when I was dating and feel in love with Nathan, it is also one of the first things I did with him as I met his family, we were going up to cut down a Christmas tree. We also dream one day of retiring and moving to a house in Heber its just so beautiful up there. Being in Park City we also of course made it to the outlets. Being pregnant we have had some funny comments from the kids. This had to be one of the best. As we walked in to Motherhood Maternity for me, as I was in need of some pants, Brycen pulled his usually boy not wanting to shop act and said I don't want to go in this store mom. I said Brycen we need to for me because I am pregnant, and Elise pipes in as loud as can be, " Yea Bryce we need to cause Mom has a really BIG belly." The entire store was laughing. Oh you gotta love what kids say. June went by quick and I quickly realized how much I love having Nathan home two weeks in Canada was no fun, I just love having my family all TOGETHER!

4 comments:

Karly and Nick said...

I agree...it's always better when the entire family is together! It looks like a lot of fun in Park City. That was a good choice. I have been thinking of you...and your little baby on the way. How are you feeling? It's getting pretty close, though I know the last few months go the slowest! Miss you tons!

The Fred & Stephanie Lewis Family said...

I'm so excited to see you guys!!!!
♥HaleighBug♥

Kendra said...

sounds like so much fun. sry you had to postpone your trip back east though. let's get together soon. i just bought a new pool cause M busted the slip'n slide. you guys need to come over and play! :) miss ya

KALLI said...

looks so fun.
we love Park City. We have a time share right nest to the Marriott one where you were. Porter loves that same mini golf corse. Even though we always try to convince him that it is so lame. The new coaster is such a blast. Anyhow sorry you missed out on your big trip, sometimes a good "staycation" is just as well.